Whether you’re new to UW or have been ignoring FAUW for years, here’s how to tap into our services.
1. Get to know your representatives
2. Stay informed
Stay up-to-date on what FAUW is doing and issues affecting faculty by following our blog and social media accounts (we’re @FAUWaterloo on both Twitter and Facebook). We post summaries of our bi-weekly Board meetings so you’ll always know what we’re working on.
3. Make sure you’re a member
Become a voting FAUW member by signing up on our website. By default, we represent all faculty members with regular appointments, and you pay dues, but you need to fill out the membership form once in your career in order to vote on things.
4. Join the Council of Representatives
The Council is a key link between each department or school and FAUW, and a great introduction to how FAUW works. We ask departments for new reps every September (though repeat reps are okay too), so if you have are interested in representing your unit on the Council this year, talk to your chair or director.
5. Tell us what’s up
There are a number of ways you can let us know how we can help or what you’d like us to focus on:
- Provide feedback in response to emails and blog posts about what we’re currently working on. Your comments will reach members of the Board and inform FAUW’s position on issues.
- Bring new issues to our attention by talking to your Council member or any of our Board members.
- If you’re dealing with an individual workplace problem, contact the Academic Freedom & Tenure Committee for personalized support (it doesn’t have to be about academic freedom or tenure.)
6. Browse the archives
See what we’ve been up to over the last little while by browsing past blog posts, and the news items on our website.
Wishing you a productive and enjoyable year,
The FAUW Board of Directors
Last updated August 2019.