[edited August 2018]
We at FAUW hope you had a fantastic summer, full of lots of research and course prep and writing…right?
To help you kick off the new school year, here are some tips on how to get the most out of your Faculty Association:
1. Find out who your FAUW reps are
Browse the board and staff member bios and the list of committee representatives and get to know who we are and what we do.
2. Stay in touch
Stay up-to-date on what FAUW is doing and issues affecting faculty by following our blog and social media accounts (we’re on Twitter and Facebook). We post summaries of our bi-weekly Board meetings so you’ll always know what we’re working on.
3. Make sure you’re a member
Become an active FAUW member by signing up on our website (by default you are represented by us and pay dues but you need to fill out the membership form once in your career in order to vote on things).
4. Join the Council of Representatives
If you have are interested in representing your unit on the Council, talk to your chair or director.
5. Tell us what’s up
We need to know what issues our members are facing so we can address them. There are a number of ways you can let us know how we can help:
- Provide feedback in response to emails and blog posts about what we’re currently working on. Your comments will reach members of the board and inform FAUW’s position.
- Bring new issues to our attention by talking to your Council member or any of our board members.
- If you’re dealing with an individual workplace problem, contact the Academic Freedom & Tenure Committee for personalized support.
6. Browse the archives
See what we’ve been up to over the last little while by browsing past blog posts and news items on our website. Or use the tags to delve into a particular issue.
Wishing you a productive and enjoyable fall semester,
The FAUW Board of Directors